Make sure Tap is in pairing mode as indicated by the LED blinking quickly - 1/2 blinks per second (similar to the speed of a car blinker). If your Tap's LED is blinking slowly, you are already paired and will need to disconnect the active pairing prior to setting up a new BT connection
Go to your device settings:
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Connected devices Connection preferences Bluetooth. If you don't see "Connection preferences," go to the next step.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- In the list of paired devices, select Tap
- When your phone and the Bluetooth device are connected, the device shows as "Connected."
- On your device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn on Bluetooth.
- Select Tap from the list of available devices
- Stay on this screen until you see the paired confirmation
- Restart your device
- Toggle Bluetooth ON/OFF
Rediscover the Device
- If you have previously connected your Tap to your phone, tablet, or computer, try forgetting the device and reconnecting from scratch.
- Go to your device settings and select “Forget this Device: (iOS) or “Unpair” (Android).
- Once removed, try pairing your Tap again.
Clear your Bluetooth Cache (Android devices)
- Navigate to Settings
- Select Backup and restart
- Reset network settings