Learn what to do if your Tap accessory won’t pair or connect to your device.
Make sure your device’s Bluetooth is functioning properly.
- Navigate to your device’s Bluetooth settings and pair it with any other Bluetooth accessory.
- If the Bluetooth is working properly, please move on to the next troubleshooting suggestion.
- If your device won’t pair to a different Bluetooth accessory, try turning your device’s Bluetooth on and off.
- If your device still won’t pair, please restart your device.
- If restarting doesn’t help, check for any software updates in your device’ s system settings.
- If you are still unable to connect to any Bluetooth accessory, contact your device’s support directly.
Ensure the Tap is capable of connecting
- To connect, your Tap must be on and within range (30 feet) of your device.
- To connect, your device must support bluetooth 4.0+ (LMP 0x6 and above)
- Tap pairs with Windows 8+, Mac OSX Yosemite+, Android 4.2+, iOS 10+, ChromeOS and most Linux OS.
- Make sure your Tap is charged and powered on. You can turn on your Tap by pressing the thumb button once. When powering ON the Tap will vibrate once for every 33% of battery the device has to its charge. When powering OFF the Tap with only vibrate once.
- Try connecting your Tap to another device to determine if the problem is a hardware or software issue.
Remove any interferers
- Make sure your Tap isn’t connected to another device. The LED will be blinking quickly (1-2 blinks/second).
- Try moving away from any other Bluetooth devices that may be disrupting your device’s ability to pair such as your wireless headphones.
Rediscover the Device
- If you have previously connected your Tap to your phone, tablet, or computer, try forgetting the device and reconnecting from scratch.
- Go to your device settings and select “Forget this Device: (iOS) or “Unpair” (Android).
- Once removed, try pairing your Tap again.
Clear your Bluetooth Cache (Android devices)
- Navigate to Settings
- Select Backup and restart
- Reset network settings
If you are still having problems pairing your Tap, please contact support.